With the holidays behind us, I thought it would be fun to look back on my favourite holiday dresses! With lots of holiday parties throughout November and December, I needed a few dresses to impress last year!
I shopped my favourite online boutiques, pulled out some staples from my closet and simply window shopped some others (I love building wish lists). For the winter 2011 holiday season, I was looking for rich patterns and textures, lace, jewel tones, A-line skirts and sparkly embellishments .
I’m pleased to present the lovely dresses I purchased, wore and some that I just drooled over!
- The Exquisitely Edgy Dress – ModCloth – Love the lacy overlay accents in contrasting colours, the pockets and the pleats!
- The Classic Stunner Dress by BB Dakota – ModCloth – Absolutely stunning floral brocade with black, silver and purple hues.
- The Lace Corset Dress – Jacob – So romantic! I love the combination of lace, satin and chiffon – three different textures all in one beautiful holiday red. I wore this dress to the holiday party that I hosted!
- The Fast Anna Lace Dress – French Connection – I bought this beautiful lace dress in emerald green while I was in NYC last spring and it was the perfect holiday dress. Retro-inspired and so sweet and feminine!
- The When the Night Comes Dress – by BB Dakota – ModCloth – I love the peekaboo lace at the collarbone and the scalloped hem. The grosgrain waistband cinches at just the right spot and the A-line flatters any shape. It’s the perfect little black holiday dress!
This year for New Years Eve, I went to a fun, dressy dinner party at a friends house. I had been wearing romantic and cute dresses like the ones above all season so I was ready to switch it up and wear something a little more trendy…and perhaps a little sexy! I chose this vibrant mustard, figure flattering (yet comfy) shift dress. With the contrasting black exposed zipper in the back, darts at the bust and waist plus dainty little pockets – this dress was perfect for ringing in the New Year in style!
- The Blonde Ambition Dress – ModCloth
Here’s to many fruitful shopping adventures in 2012!